19th – 23rd March 2018 Accra, Ghana
The world changed. Success requires new tools and strategies
- Where/when/how did societal issues and CSR emerge as critical business issues?
- What you need to know about this history to be successful today
- Emerging trends in business innovation and CSR and why they are important
Emerging value frameworks (including SDGs)
- What is driving the emergence of new value frameworks for business?
- Emerging frameworks in environmental economics
- Understanding engaging without being overwhelmed
Business value & competitive advantage
- What is value and why is it important
- What drives business and organizational value
- Developing value propositions and competitive advantage strategies
SDGs as a strategic business value framework
- Using the SDGs to align business, social and environmental value
- Using the SDGs to drive strategic efficiencies
- SDGs and external stakeholders
Internal business case for the SDGs
- SDGs and internal value propositions
- SDG integration across the organization
- Developing internal champions to drive alignment and value
SDGs as a partnership and collaboration framework
- SDGs, external stakeholders and value creation
- SDGs as an engagement and communication framework
- SDGs and your business’s place in the world
Creating your SDG value strategy
- Integrating business, social and environmental value
- Finding your SDG sweet spot(s) (the SDGs most relevant for your organization)
- Using the SDGs to facilitate value-creation efficiency
Implementing your SDG value strategy
- Developing strategic value propositions (internal external)
- Communicating value propositions and creating buy-in
- Keeping it fresh and relevant
Personal go-forward strategies
- Individualized workplans for creating and implementing an SDG strategy in your organization
- Personalized go-forward commitments and action steps
Communications & reporting revolution
- What is driving the rapidly evolving revolution in communication and reporting expectations?
- What are most important regulatory requirements for reporting in key markets?
- How companies, industries and sectors are affected by them
- Key trends and issues to monitor and understand
Strategic approaches to sustainability reporting & communications
- How companies and industries are responding to evolving expectations
- How to identify your organisation’s key stakeholders, communicate effectively with them
- Communication & reporting breakdowns; understanding and preventing them;Best practices, what they look like, what works, and why
Making reporting & communication work for you
- How does the communications and reporting revolution apply to your organization?
- How to develop your business case and customized value propositions
- Key implementation issues and strategies
- Why are sustainability reports becoming standard practice for businesses of all types?
- What are the main components of sustainability reports and why?
- Externally verified? Standardized format? Utilize SDG framework?
- How to assess if a sustainability report will be useful for your organization?
- How to create a customized reporting strategy
- What is integrated reporting?
Global Reporting Initiative
- What is the Global Reporting Initiative
- How to determine if a GRI report makes sense for your organization
- Other reporting standards and how to make sense of them
- How to develop a GRI Report
Creating your reporting and communications strategy
- Develop a customized sustainability reporting and communications strategy for your organizationHow to determine what issues and content is most relevant and important for your organization
- How to develop a compliance and compatibility plan that makes sense for your organization and be ready for what’s coming next
- How to build in the information your key stakeholders – particularly investors and customers – want and need
- Learn how to use the process of reporting to help understand your business better
Register for this course
Download PDF Course Brochure