Insight & Analysis
What makes a CSR Strategy Strong?
7 January, 2016
I recently did a short interview on What makes a CSR Strategy strong and thought the transcript below might be interesting. It has a few thoughts and comments along with links to other articles and posts that I have authored.
1. What makes a CSR strategy strong?
- and others at https://www.linkedin.com/today/author/26188639
2. What do most companies consider business-wise and customer-wise when creating a CSR strategy?
- Stakeholder attitudes and beliefs that CSR is something that should be done to and for them, rather than something they have responsibility to help create and do
- Company attitudes and beliefs that CSR is something they do to and for stakeholders, rather than a way to create value for shareholders and stakeholders
- Altruistic angel approach – not acknowledging self-interest – seehttps://www.linkedin.com/pulse/article/20141104111540-26188639-don-t-be-an-altruistic-angel-be-upfront-about-what-s-in-it-for-you
- Attitudes of the key players, inside the company and in the stakeholder constituency
- Not getting internal stakeholders onboard. Seehttps://www.linkedin.com/pulse/article/20140930095149-26188639-seven-proven-ways-to-get-colleagues-on-board-with-sustainability-and-corporate-responsibility