Insight & Analysis
Tweets, posts and thoughts from the past weeks
11 March, 2015
A collection of Tweets and Posts from the past weeks. Some interesting (I hope!). Some not so much. Excuse the formatting.
Global perspectives on CSR in mining. Slides from keynote to BC Mining Forum 2015 http://bit.ly/1GrzAKT
Mining schools hi-tech on social value creation! Mining industry’s painful lessons and the progress they’ve made learning them have lots to offer to hi tech as society’s expectations evolve http://linkd.in/1D0Lpdm
Drink beer to support climate change! Perfect plan for St. Patrick’s Day.
24 breweries sign climate change declaration. http://bit.ly/1MoAg5K @triplepundit @leonkaye
Many stakeholders but no winners Great article on Artisanal Mining by Paul Klein in Triple Pundit http://bit.ly/1Mb3WoP
Local Content Success. now available in #CSR Knowledge Centrehttp://bit.ly/LocalCSR #PDAC2015
Dealing with growing social demands in mining World Bank Panel @PDAC http://bit.ly/1C3VfKW #PDAC2015
Stakeholder Engagement Series
Many of you have asked that I pull together some of my recent publications that deal with stakeholder engagement into a set. Haven’t quite done that but below you have a list of articles and links to the LinkedIn Posts.
- Eleven strategies for maximizing value from CSR: http://linkd.in/1tHnpZr
- CSR in Budget Crunch Times: 12 strategies for success: http://linkd.in/1zaNE92
- Multi-sector CSR Partnerships: Natural Partnerships – Unnatural Partners: http://linkd.in/11fUNsB
- From Pariah to Exemplar: Applying the six best practices : http://bit.ly/CSRAnalysis
- Engaging Internal Stakeholders: Seven proven strategies : http://linkd.in/1z7vQN7
- CSR Communications: Eleven mistakes to avoid: http://linkd.in/1yAfJHV
- Stakeholder Engagement: Six best practices: http://linkd.in/1CR5yCN
- Creating a CSR Program: in eight self-serving steps: http://linkd.in/12viCNs
- Stakeholder Engagement: Five common mistakes: http://linkd.in/1yW8usQ
- Smarter CSR Budgets: Eight steps to connect budget to value: http://linkd.in/1wa8W8L
- 28 Expert tips on stakeholder engagement: LinkedIn: http://linkd.in/1vpVLtx
- Don’t be an Altruistic Angel: Be transparent about what’s in it for you: http://linkd.in/1yAdog0
- 13 mistakes that prevent and destroy multi-sector partnerships: http://linkd.in/1y830NH
If missing Aboriginal women is a domestic violence issue is ISIS recruiting an adolescent issue? @M_A_W_inCanada
Stakeholder engagement series.
CSR Communications seems to be a hot topic right now so I thought I’d share links to some of our recent related publications. If interested feel free to read, download and share.
·Internal CSR Communications Suck: http://bit.ly/1Az4TSD
·7 strategies for engaging internal stakeholders: http://bit.ly/1BOFGWF
·11 mistakes to avoid in CSR Communications: http://bit.ly/1qQMM9t
·Eleven strategies for maximizing value from CSR: http://bit.ly/17uzlDG
Internal CSR Communications Suck! We need to get better at creating internal alignment. CSR Thoughtpiece posted to Slideshare http://slidesha.re/1B0kga4
We are really bad @ internal CSR Communications. Should align from planet to shareholder to people in company http://linkd.in/1Edi3HM
Good CSR communications aligns the dots from planet to shareholder to peoplein company. @RepublicofEvry1 good example
CSR Partnerships. Theory and Practice. Lecture & Role playing scenario. Delivered in Nairobi Kenya, Feb 2015 http://slidesha.re/1CI5qA2
Internal CSR Communications Suck! And us CSR Pros are to blame http://bit.ly/1Dr47e6
4 strategies for local content success. Local content can be the best ROI of any CSR investment. Posted on Slideshare http://slidesha.re/1vVQUb4
Until CSR Pros speak ‘What’s in it for them’ to Finance, Ops & Engineering,CSR is a sandbox and toys in the corner of the business!
The Rise of Sustainable Fibers in the Fashion Industry
Interesting and insightful. By Leon Kaye @ Triple Pundit http://bit.ly/1DClOG6
Industry, Community & Engagement: Who is responsible? Lecture & Role playing scenario. Delivered in Nairobi Kenya, Feb 2015 http://slidesha.re/17ndFII
4 strategies for local content success. Local content can be the best ROI of any CSR investment. New blog post http://bit.ly/1CwgBeQ
8 million tonnes of plastic dumped into oceans each year! Remember, we don’t got another planet. http://bit.ly/1vHsFNr
Big business advocating stronger environmental regulations. Can Govt keep up?
Communication is key whether you’re selling soda or social change. Effective and appropriate communications can add societal and shareholder value to Corporate Social Responsibility efforts.. bit.ly/1DYPyuC Interesting series in the Stanford Social Innovation Review Also see CSR Communications: 11 mistakes to avoid http://bit.ly/1zAvyxV
Plastic Bank: Plastic waste to $currency! Brilliant!
Alignment of social, community, environmental and shareholder interests.
Bridgestone's Sustainability Hub: A Dialogue on Solving Survey Fatigue (for itself and others) http://bit.ly/1KweOwx Great work @bridgestone